Disney music has been a part of my family for as long as I can remember. I grew up with my mother singing them to me (“When You Wish Upon A Star” from Pinocchio was her favorite), and now I often find myself singing them to my daughter. One of our current favorites to sing is “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” from Toy Story. When my daughter gets upset I like to sing her the lyrics “Some other folks might be a little bit smarter than I am. Bigger and stronger too, maybe. But none of them will ever love you the way I do” and it always seems to make her cheer up. The lyrics of that song are timeless and will forever be a family favorite for us. On a less-serious note, my daughter’s all-time favorite is “I Wanna Be Like You” from The Jungle Book. She walks around the house like a monkey singing “Now don’t try to kid me, mancub. I made a deal with you. What I desire is man’s red fire, to make my dreams come true” ! Since my daughter loves to make people laugh, this song is extremely fitting to her personality. I love watching her be her fun, goofy self with the help of Disney music.When I found out that ALL of our favorite songs will be on the new Jazz Loves Disney album, I knew I had to get my hands on it! Disney songs are always so creative, upbeat, and lots of fun to share with friends and family. I can’t wait to watch my daughter pass these classics down to her children one day!
1. Jamie Cullum – “Everybody Wants To Be A Cat” – from The Aristocats
2. Melody Gardot – “He’s A Tramp” – from Lady And The Tramp
3. Stacey Kent – “Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo” (French version) – from Cinderella
4. Gregory Porter – “When You Wish Upon A Star” – from Pinocchio
5. China Moses – “Why Don’t You Do Right” – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
6. Raphaël Gualazzi – “I Wanna Be Like You” – from The Jungle Book
7. The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” – from Cinderella
8. Hugh Coltman – “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” – from Toy Story
9. Anne Sila – “Let It Go” – from Frozen
10. Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – “The Bare Necessities” – from The Jungle Book
11. Laika – “Once Upon A Dream” – from Sleeping Beauty
12. Nikki Yanofsky -“Someday My Prince Will Come” – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
13. The Hot Sardines – I Wanna Be Like You (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)
This post is sponsored brought to you by Verve Records and One2One Network. Momma’s Little Reviews received compensation in exchange for writing this review, however all opinions are my own.