Depending on the type of gel, length of your nails, and gel brand that a salon uses, the average price for a gel manicure could be anywhere from from $35 to $120. Now price that at every two to three weeks, and you could be forking out a ton of money each year on stylish nails. I don’t know about you, but there is absolutely no way I can afford to treat myself to gel nails every month. I also skip out on basic nail polish since my nails always seem to chip within a few days (a working mama’s hands are never safe)! Not to mention that I have absolutely ZERO time to schedule a salon visit in between work and dealing with my daughter. I had all but given up on the idea of cute and stylish nails, when I stumbled upon Peppi Gel. Peppi Gel has a collection of at-home dip gel polishes that offers the same great quality as salon brands for half the price! For about $65 you can get a Peppi Gel Dip Powder Starter Kit, which includes one full size dipping powder (color of your choice), three liquid bottles (ready, set, & shine), one buffer block, and one instruction guide.
How To Use Peppi Gel:
- Cut nails, file, and shape to your desire. Then remove shine from nails by lightly buffing the nails and dusting them off.
- Open desired color powder and loosen powder with small stir stick
- Apply liquid #1 to first finger and then dip into powder. Dip the finger into the loose powder slowly and then tap the excess powder off of the nail.
- Repeat this process for each nail and continuing with a second and third coat if desired. (In between each layer, use an old makeup brush to wipe off excess powder)
- Once you achieve the color you are looking for, apply a decent coat of liquid #2 on all 10 fingers. Allow to dry 1-2 minutes.
- Once dry, use your buffer to generously smooth out nails and file if necessary to smooth out edges.
- Apply another coat of liquid #2 to both hands. Let dry for an additional 2-3 minutes, then wipe fingers gently with a paper towel.
- Apply first coat of liquid #4 to both hands quickly with 2-3 strokes each. Wipe brush on paper towel in between each finger to prevent stiffness.
- Continue on to second coat taking your time for a beautiful finish.
- After nails have dried for 2-3 minutes apply cuticle oil for moisture.
Seems easy enough right? Or maybe too good to be true! I ordered the Peppi Gel Starter Kit with color Peppi Pink to test it out for myself. Before this, I had absolutely no skill whatsoever so I assumed there would be a learning curve. The first two nails I did, I completely messed up and I had to soak them in acetone to remove them. However, after two tries I was able to get the rhythm down and do it perfectly! Besides the learning curve, Peppi Gel is absolutely genius! I was able to figure out my own little tips (like using a toothpick to round off my nails to create a more natural look), to make my manicure absolutely perfect! I can’t wait to play around with some new colors!
If you’re ready to try Peppi Gel, use my link HERE for $15 off of your first starter kit!
Leave a Reply